Heartline relies heavily on our volunteers and intends to increase volunteer involvement in the future. Currently our volunteers include trustees of the charity, fundraisers, office administration, moderators of social media, leaders of activity breaks, run bookings and maintain caravans.
To see our Volunteer Policy: Volunteer Policy
Equality and Diversity Policy
Heartline acknowledges our responsibility to promote equality and combat unfair treatment. We believe that working to ensure fair treatment for all will improve the quality of the support the charity is able to give. Diversity is a strength and we will value and harness difference for the benefit of all. You can see a copy of our Equality and Diversity Policy: Equality and Diversity Policy
We will endeavour to safeguard children and young people by
- Disclosure and Barring Service checks on all trustees, staff and volunteers who do not have a current CRB certificate.
- Adopting child protection guidelines through a code of behaviour for staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Following carefully the procedures for recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers.
- Providing, effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision and support.
- The person who has oversight of the Child Protection Policy is Dr Andy Wardle.
- You can ask for a copy of our Child Protection Policy by emailing: Child Protection
You can ask for a copy of our fundraising policy by emailing: Fundraising
Health and Safety
To see our Health and Safety Policy: Health and Safety Policy